What is your favourite way to start the day?
On the mornings that I am not up early training my beautiful clients, I love to get up and go for an early walk or run with my dogs. I also use that time to mentally map out the day ahead and enjoy the fresh air. I then come home to a hot drink, a healthy breakfast and lately i’ve added meditation to my morning ritual.
How important is to you to buy ethically products products?
My journey has been evolving a lot over the past few years, and with the more I learn, the more important this becomes to me. Change can sometimes feel overwhelming, but I just take it one step at a time. Often replacing one product at a time with a gentler alternative as it runs out.
Go to Mantra or affirmation at the moment (or of all time?)
‘Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in a world they’ve been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It’s an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration, it’s a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing..’ - Muhammad Ali
How do you like to live a sustainable lifestyle?
Wether its food, clothes or products, I love the challenge of making something myself over buying it. I have always been pretty head strong that way. I find such a sense of satisfaction in knowing exactly what is in my food/products and where it came from.
What song has you singing along on Spotify atm?
I’m not sure about one song in particular, but I have been loving Indian fusion playlists recently. Puts me in a creative zone! Anything Nitin Sawhney is a win..
What is your favourite meal to share amongst your Kinfolk?
Your friends are going to be talking about this one for years to come! These 'Tofu Rainbow Rolls' are a hit at any kind of gathering or get together. With all of that colour, crunch, flavour and let's be honest, sheer AWESOMENESS, you're plate is going to be empty in a jiffy!
The best thing about this recipe? It is SO SIMPLE. Get the kids involved and cheer on from the sidelines!
Feel free to swap out ingredients to whatever if seasonal or preferable to you. It's all good baby baby!
1 Tablespoon of coconut oil
1 packet of Nori Sheets
1 Packet of firm tofu
Small bowl of finely chopped Kale/Cabbage mix
1 tablespoon Tamari Sauce
1/3 cup Sweet Chilli Sauce
1/2 Fresh Lime
**If mango is in season, it can be a delicious addition to the roll!
1. Slice the Carrot, Capsicum, Carrot and Cucumber, Tofu and Avocado into long, thin strips
2. Heat the oil over a medium in a large pan and cook the Tofu strips until golden brown
3. Place the first Nori sheet on a dry surface and place a few pieces of Avocado and Tofu length ways across the sheet to the ends.
4. Arrange the carrot, capsicum, cucumber and thinly sliced salad mix in the same fashion.
5. Lightly wet the top 1cm edge of the Nori Sheet and roll the bottom edge of the sheet over the ingredients.
6. Keeping a tight grip, keep rolling upwards until the wet edge joins. Once you have created your roll, wet along the joining edge and press down again to seal with your finger.
7. Create a dipping sauce from 1/3 cup Sweet Chilli Sauce, 1 tbsp Tamari and 1/2 the juice of a lime.