A quick and easy Veggie Burger recipe that the whole family will enjoy! Created by nutritionist Sarah Bell www.sarahbellnutrition.com
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
Makes approx 12 medium sized patties
Ingredients325g Silken tofu (firm)
300g sweet potato, finely grated
1 carrot, finely grated
1 zucchini, finely grated
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
4 scallions, finely sliced
1 tsp cumin powder
1 tsp oregano, dried
1/2 cup brown rice flour
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil + extra for pan
Salt to season
- Place about 1 tbsp olive oil into a small frypan along with sliced scallions and bring to a medium heat. Saute until soft.
- Once soft, add garlic and saute for a further 2 minutes.
- Add cumin and oregano, stirring through. Remove frypan from heat.
- Place silken tofu into a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- In a bowl place scallion mixture, silken tofu, sweet potato, zucchini, carrot, brown rice flour, olive oil and salt. Mix through with hands until well combined.
- Take a large spoonful of mixture and press into a patty. Place patty on a plate and repeat with the remaining mixture.
- Place vegetable patty’s in the fridge for an hour before cooking.
- Remove patty’s from the fridge and place on a baking tray and into the oven at 180 degrees Celsius. Alternatively, you can shallow fry patties in a frypan on a medium heat.
- Once cooked, serve on a bun with your favourite burger fillings or added to a salad or nourish bowl.